Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steal My Heart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : Steal My Heart Esaward

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am

((A/N: Yuppp. My short little one-shots. :p You have to read them first, and then at the end I'll tell you which couple it is. 8D It shouldn't be all that hard to guess, though. Especially not the first one.))

Each day, he stumbled into the building, looking a bit disheveled, and, more often than not, angry. Hiding my face behind a book, my barrier from the world, I would peek over the edges of the paper to look at him. He had the presence of a two-ton elephant, but always tried to shrink into the background, into himself. He was intriguing. He was self-sufficient.

He was perfect.

No, it wasn't exactly the stuff of fairytales. I had always dreamed of a Prince Charming coming in on his white horse to rescue me from this small town, where friendships were harder to break into than the White House, and whisk me away to some far-off land, where I could take my glasses off and feel special. I would stay awake at night, exacting every detail of this man in my head, before finally (with a bit of drool in the corner of my mouth) falling asleep.

But as I glance back up at this male, sitting at a table with his nose buried in his book, and I meet his eye for just a second, he smiles at me, and then blushes and turns away. And I smile, as well.

He's not exactly a Prince Charming, but I love him all the same.

((Oh, God. That sucked. I'm sorry. *hides face* I came up with that in...literally, five minutes. Don't shoot me. D8

Anyways, it was (obviously) Mary and Gray. I think they're justsocute. ^^ Too bad I killed them with this story.))
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:13 am

It was so easy to please him, and the excited look on his face made me feel slightly guilty, like I should’ve brought him the world instead of an egg that had been tossed haphazardly into the spring by the mine. He would strike up a conversation as he peeled the shell away, and soon, I knew almost as much about chickens as he did.

In a crowd, he was the easiest to spot. Especially in the early summer, where his green apron and fiery-red hair found him standing by the front of a large wrestling circle, taking his father’s place with a determined look on his face.

He confided in me about his father, his dislike for the Summer traveler that appeared on his doorstep in search of his sister, of his fear for his mother’s health. And suddenly, before I could even grasp it, I realized that this young man was more than the annoying, smelly chicken-boy that I had turned my nose up at when I first arrived. He was an intelligent human being, with feelings and secrets and loves.

And, as I crawled into bed one night and turned out the light, I realized that I loved him, too.

((A/N:: Claire/Rick, per request of clairexcliff. ^^))
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 am

He had always teased her about her tiny size, ever since they were small kids living in a primarily adult world. She was small, that was certain, but what she lacked in height, she made up in personality. His mockeries usually earned him a smack in the face, at which point he would, as a rule, sheepishly grin and shut his mouth. But sometimes, he didn’t, and that resulted in violence. The bandage on his face was the result of a teacup being projected across the room at the mention of her “girly” braids. He still has the scar to prove it.

Adolescence made him into an awkward, bumbling, stubble-faced teenager, but transformed her from the tiny tomboy-next-door into a graceful, polite beauty. She discovered that she actually did like skirts and playing the piano, despite years of arguing the opposite. The matronly women around the village would cluck at her and tell her how beautiful she had become, and the men would avert their eyes, because she was young, and they were not.

And yet, for some reason, he was the one that she turned to when the tears were falling down her face. He was the one that she confided in, the one whose shoulder she fell asleep on after sneaking out of her father’s house and climbing into his window. He was the one she looked to for comfort. And, while he didn’t really understand, he held her when she cried, and smoothed her hair away from her pretty face. Words weren’t needed; she knew she was loved.

And sometimes, that was enough.

((EMBRACE THE LOVELINESS THAT IS HUGH AND KATE. >8D I think they’re so cute. It’s pretty obvious throughout the games that they’re head over heels for each other. XD))
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:42 am

The only friend he needed was his fishing pole. He didn’t care for anything else other than the feeling of the rod in his hand and the adrenaline of pulling ‘the big one’ in. Only then could he be satisfied.

When the brunette starting fishing in his spot, he regarded her coolly, and then pretended like she didn’t exist. Maybe, if he ignored her, she would go away. But every Monday, as he trekked along the dirt path to the spring, there she was, casting her rod into the water. She never tried to start a conversation; she respected the serenity of the sacred hiding spot, his shelter from the world. But she never left.

Eventually, he accepted her presence. And, in those few rare moments where they met eyes, she would smile kindly at him, and he would blink. In the midday heat, where he could see every delicate outline of her body in absolute precision, and he pretended not to notice, it was then he noticed that, now, he would miss her presence, were she to leave. He hoped, with all his heart, that she would stay.

And she did.

((A/N: Drum roll, please!

It’s Toby and Renee from Tree of Tranquility! 8D))
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 am

Coaxing a smile out of him was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole--impossible. Many people had given up on him, deemed him surly and unreasonable. And, in a way, he was. But she didn’t give up on him. How could she? If she turned her back on him, she would still have to face him the next day. So each morning, she greeted him with a smile. And he returned the greeting with a glare and a scowl.

She knew that his sullen attitude could be contributed to his sickness, and to his fear of, well, life. He didn’t know what would be the final straw, the last toll on his already-weakened body, so he didn’t venture out of his very small comfort zone.

Maybe it was the fact that, no matter how loud he snapped at her when she dropped a precious crop on the ground, she still greeted him with a smile. Maybe it was the fact that she was kind and genuine, even if underneath her friendly act, a bit of her was dying for a friend. Maybe it was the fact that she, too, was often ill, but still managed to be friendly and pleasant. But, for whatever reason, his heart softened towards her.

He noticed then that he loved her.

He also noticed that she loved him, too.

((A/N: Marlin and Celia. One of my favorite couples. Sweet Celia’s such a good counterpart to grumpy Marlin. ^^))
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards : Steal My Heart Cliffnov

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:02 am

i thought you hated the rick x claire couple..
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 pm

She looked like she perpetually smelled something bad. Turning her eyes away from anyone who tried to interact with her, or even look her way, she was…untouchable.

A long time ago, he had given up on love, deeming it a fairytale. But the girl was beautiful to him, sulking mouth and all. He wanted to solve her mystery, he wanted to talk to her. But he himself was not the most social person in the world, either. He didn’t venture to start relationships by himself, and even when called upon, was still hesitant.

So when he showed up at the doctor’s office, the place she rarely left, and where he knew she could be found, blushing awkwardly down at a bundle of flower stems, her heart stopped beating for a moment, and she forgot to breathe.

In the silent clinic, a meeting of their eyes spoke more than words ever could.

((A/N: Can ya guess? 8D It’s Kurt and Dia, from Magical Melody! I think they’re cute and all, but…*snatches Kurt away* MINE.))
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : Steal My Heart Balladdecmotm

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Very Happy!
Yay! Kurt/Dia! <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:34 am

don't know them..
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:34 pm

They're from Magical Melody (for the Gamecube) and Back to Nature (for the PS2), Amando.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:19 pm

...I don't mean to nit-pick, Eternal. But they are from Save the Homeland, not Back to Nature. x:
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:52 pm

JKDSFH:ALJKDFH.

Of course they are. DX My brain malfunctioned. xD
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 am

i love the rick x claire one..even if this couple is my most hated one..
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:00 pm

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t perfect his music. Something was missing. He could fiddle with his old guitar as much as his heart desired, but the chords that echoed through the old building were empty and lacking.

She met as she entered the bar one day, intent on a friendly “get-to-know-the-neighbors” outing, because she had just moved to the Valley and knew no one. But, even in the loud, crowded bar, she only saw him. Chatting for hours, pausing only when a drunken patron would slam his glass on the table and slur a request for a refill, her heart started beating faster than it ever had before.

That night, long after it was socially acceptable for a young woman to stay out late, he went into his small alcove of a room and picked up his old friend, the dusty guitar. And he started to play.

Later on, as they held hands by the pond almost wordlessly, he would whisper in her ear, “You are my inspiration.”

And she would smile at him, and they would be happy.

((A/N: Griffin and Jill, per request of Ballad of the Fool. ;]

Yes, Griffin plays the guitar. XD))
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:33 am

good one ES!!
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Steal My Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steal My Heart   Steal My Heart EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Eternal Silence wrote:
No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t perfect his music. Something was missing. He could fiddle with his old guitar as much as his heart desired, but the chords that echoed through the old building were empty and lacking.

She met as she entered the bar one day, intent on a friendly “get-to-know-the-neighbors” outing, because she had just moved to the Valley and knew no one. But, even in the loud, crowded bar, she only saw him. Chatting for hours, pausing only when a drunken patron would slam his glass on the table and slur a request for a refill, her heart started beating faster than it ever had before.

That night, long after it was socially acceptable for a young woman to stay out late, he went into his small alcove of a room and picked up his old friend, the dusty guitar. And he started to play.

Later on, as they held hands by the pond almost wordlessly, he would whisper in her ear, “You are my inspiration.”

And she would smile at him, and they would be happy.

((A/N: Griffin and Jill, per request of Ballad of the Fool. ;]

Yes, Griffin plays the guitar. XD))

*Is literally "squeeing"/jumping with joy*
I told you I would love you for this.
So "I love you for this! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy <3 <3"
Thank youuuuuu~
Back to top Go down
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero
clairexcliff