Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] Badge

Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] Empty
PostSubject: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Gently Dylan glided her fingers arcoss the smooth surface of the grand piano. Recently she had heard Lumina play the piano and wandered in the large mansion, Lumina didn't seem to mind and said she could stay for awhile. Eventually Lumina stopped playing and went up to her room, telling Dylan to make herself at home. Soon it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to stop by the mansion and Lumina even began to notice her staring at the piano and told her to go ahead and play it, but Dylan didn't. It was tempting, but the girl failed to yet play the piano.

It had been three days since she was given permission to play the piano. Today would be the day, she thought to herself and she sat down on the bench. It seemed like years had past since she pressed the keys of a piano--and now she was going to do it. Carefully Dylan poked a 'c' key--the sound was beautiful and echoed in the house.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

Female Number of posts : 1691
Roleplay Name : Savannah Stark
Awards : Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] Balladdecmotm

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm

The atmosphere of Forget-Me-Not Valley had always been so pleasant, there was never anything really wrong with the area—everyone was friends with each other, though Ari had not expected to stay in this area so long. But the red head stayed in the town longer, finding little reasons to stay behind, which was a little strange for the boy but he paid no mind to it. It was a calm day in the valley, like it always was. Maybe he would begin to explore uncharted territory—the Mansion he would always glance at from a distance. He went up to the mansion once, and he heard music playing but never thought anything of it.

Maybe he would go visit again, but maybe actually go inside. The owner was nice; he didn’t think she would mind him going inside. So off Ari was, to the mansion. Upon arrival, there was no sound coming from the halls. Lumina must not be playing today. But still, it did not stop him from entering. But as soon as he placed foot inside of the building, a warm sound came from the piano. He closed the door as softly as he could as the sound echoed for a little while. Ari glanced his radiant green eyes towards the player at the piano and it was no other than Dylan. A tiny smile formed at his lips, “I didn’t know you knew how to play the piano.” He spoke, walking casually over to the piano.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145250/
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:07 am

Although the voice was familiar Dylan ended up flinching, taking a step away from the piano. She didn't even hear anyone come in the door way, she thought she must have been thinking really hard for that to happen. Dylan looked towards the voice and noticed the unforgetable green eyes of her friend Ari. Immediatly her cheeks turned red with embarrassment. "Yeah, just a bit," she admitted glancing at the piano. The sleek black surface was nothing like the piano she used to play with--a standard oak piano. It was finely tuned too, something her family's piano never was.

This is what she was most concerned with happening though--she thought she was a horrible pianist and was too nervous to participate in recitals. Dylan was afraid of someone hearing her music, but one thing was certain though; she loved the sound of the piano.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Ari smiled weakly as his hands dug into his pant pockets and continued to walk towards the girl, “That’s pretty neat. I would never have the patience to learn the piano.” He told her. Maybe he would, but Ari didn’t really care all too much about it. Sure, it was pretty, but his art was somewhere else. But he couldn’t help but notice the color of her tinted cheeks, he chuckled at the sight before sitting down on the bench next to her. “Why so nervous?” He questioned her softly, glancing at her from the corner from his green eyes. He took his left hand and barely grazed the ivory keys of the piano. “I’m sure you must sound very nice.”
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm

"Yeah, it took me a long time to learn how to play," Dylan said trying not to be nervous. She honestly wasn't doing a good job at it though. She kept glancing at the piano and then Ari. He sat down by her and for some odd reason she seemed to relax a bit, not much though. "I'm not too positive that I am good," Dylan confessed. It wouldn't be so bad to tell them. "I've always been nervous to play infront of anyone besides my immediate family. I'm scared all mess up and people will make fun of me."
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:52 pm

“And practice makes people better.” Ari responded, “You shouldn’t put yourself down, your art would sound beautiful even if you were just a beginner.” He spoke, then perked up a brow. “Make fun of you? That’s because they are jealous that they can’t play like you so they have to make themselves feel better.” He nodded, “And we learn from our mistakes.” He spoke, “You don’t have to play for me.” He chuckled, pressing three keys, which he thought would be a chord, “But I would listen if you did.”
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Dylan carefully listened to Ari's advice. She felt even more relaxed than before he had even discovered her poking at a key. He said everything just right to her and she felt so much better. It was amazing how he could do that. It wouldn't be so bad if she did play a song for him. Nothing too complicated though, she still feared messing up badly. "I'll play a song for you," Dylan said. "If you promise not to laugh or make fun of me or anything like that. Okay?"
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Ari smiled, he wasn’t expecting her to open up to play a song for him so quickly but he still accepted it. But she was relaxing and Ari noticed it as well. “I promise.” He chuckled, “I will not laugh or make fun of you or anything like that.” He smiled towards her, “Play whatever you like.”
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:21 pm

"Okay," Dylan nodded. She focused her attention towards the piano and gently set her fingers on the keys. Naturally she bit her tounge as she start to play a gentle, yet cheerful piece. Her fingers seemed to glide across the keys and the more she played the stronger her playing became. A smile spread across her face and she closed her eyes, playing the piece from memory. Every once in a while she missed a note or played a sharp in a flat's place and her eyes would open again. She didn't stop or freeze like in recitals though, she kept playing and smiling.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 pm

She began to play and Ari closed his eyes with a weak smile still on his lips. She played wonderfully, even with the little mistakes here and there but she never stopped—Ari admired her for that. She seemed to be more confident with every move she took and every note she played, Ari smiled a little more. But why did it almost feel like his heart was flying? He must have been getting into the music. “You sound wonderful.”
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Steadliy the song ended, but Dylan was happy with the results. She didn't mess up to bad or freeze at all, so she was extremely giddy. It had been awhile since she had the confidence to play, but it seemed to come back to her with Ari's words. "Thanks Ari," Dylan said grinning like a fool. "You really are my best friend I've got right now. I owe you so much for the advice you gave me."
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Ari smiled—best friends. She was his best friend. He chuckled, “You’re welcome, Dylan.” He replied, “As you are my best friend too.” He grinned then let out a laugh, “You don’t owe me anything, really.” He laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:44 pm

When Ari admitted she was his best friend too, it made her happy. Before she never really had a friend this close; she was always watching her siblings when she was young, so she didn't have the time to really get to know anyone. "I know," Dylan said suddenly. "As thanks I'll play the piano for you whenever you want me too!"
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Ari couldn’t help but smile even more—it felt nice to have a friend you could depend on… A best friend. He laughed, “Why thanks!” He grinned, “But I have to do something for you as well.” He told her, “But what to do.” He questioned himself.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm

"Nothing silly," Dylan said. "I'm the one that owes you for all the advice you give me. You don't have to give it to me, but you do and it makes me happier." She did think for a moment though. Knowing Ari, she knew she'd want to do something for her. "You could always treat me to a meal," she said jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Ballad Of The Fool
Admin
Admin
Ballad Of The Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Ari pouted slightly, “But I have to do something for you.” He laughed, “But I believe that is something I can do.” He nodded, “I can take you for dinner or something. My treat, of course.” He grinned. “And what would dear lady like?”
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:51 pm

As Dylan suspected Ari ended up acting stuborn, which made her giggle. She twisted her hair with the tips of her fingers as she thought about foods she liked. "As long as it isn't too spicy anything is fine," she said unable to pick. "Surprise me." She couldn't help but notice she said something along the lines of what Ari said when she fixed him dinner once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]   Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dainty Fingers [Ari and Dylan]
Page 1 of 1