Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) Afsangelaward-4

Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) Empty
PostSubject: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:54 am

Ian swung his pick. Oh I've beeing workin on the railroad, all the live long dayyy. Ian swung again, this time harder. I've beeing been workin' on the railroad, just to pass the time awayy. Ian paused and waited a moment, then hit the rock even harder. CAN'T YOU HEAR THE WHISTLE BLOWING? RISE UP SO EARLY IN THE MORRRNNNN.Ian scowled, if he heard that son one more ti- CAN'T YOU HEAR THE CONDUCTOR SHOU-TING DINA WON'T YOU BLOWWWW.

"ARRGG!" Ian shouted throwing his pick to the ground. That song had been stuck in his head all day. He thought he could drown out the sound by making some loud noises in the mine, but apparenlty his mind was louder than he thought. Ian pinched the area bewteen his eyes and nose. 'Please." he begged. "All i ask for is something to drown the noise out with."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) Badge

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:53 am

The mines were a common place for Kitty to be, being a blacksmith she had to often come down to collect ores and gems for her store since she didn't have an apprentince to do that for her. A loud shout startled her in the middle of her work, so she naturally ran to see if someone was injured or trapped in the mine. Afterall, it was wrong for a miner like herself to leave someone hurt or trapped in the mines by themselves with no hope. To her surprize though no one was hurt.

In fact it was Ian complaining about a song that was stuck in his head. "When in mines it's important to sing to a catchy song to steady work," she noted approaching the man. She cocked her head to the side as she question, "So what are you attempting to accomplish here of all places?"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:39 am

Ian jumped when he heard someone speak behind him. "Oh, Ms. Kitty." Ian said smoothing back his hair. His face was red from either fustration or embaressment, maybe both. "I'm so glad I could meet you here." Ian leaned on his pick. 'I guess I just wanted to find some gems for the lovley ladies." Ian gestured his hand towrds the outside of the cave. "So what brings you here, yung miss?" Ian's instinctive gentlemanly front had popped up, like it so often did--sometimes without him even noticing.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Ian, always so polite all the time. Kitty couldn't help but chuckle at it sometimes. "Come on, don't go all Piet on me," she teased remembering the womanizer she recently encountered. "If you really want to get gems fast I see them at my store, silly."

Then he asked her what she was doing here of all places. That's right, normally her friends don't see her in the mines. Instead of wearing her normal clothes she was wearing shorts and a tank top with her hair back in a messy pony tail. "Work," she replied wipping away her sweaty bangs, "Blacksmith materials don't just go and collect themselves afterall--even on a hot day."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:45 am

Ian's eyes widend. Kitty was a blacksmith? He had not idea. Then again, he still didn't know much about this girl. "A blacksmith...? Remind me not to get on your bad side." Ian teased. "And who's Piet? Someone I should know about." Ian swung his pick again, but still no gems. "I don't have a job." Ian sighed. "I'm just a starving artist." Ian put his hand to his head dramaticaly.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:53 am

Although Kitty had implied that she was a blacksmith before to Ian he didn't get the hints. He seemed to go into the shock that most people did when they found out her profession as a blacksmith, afterall not many girls became blacksmiths. "A stupid womanizer," she said bitterly. "He gets on my nerves, he's super annoying. "

Ian then started to complain about the fact that he didn't have a job. "There are a couple places hiring now," she said to see if it'd perk his curiousity. The first step to getting a job was to look for one afterall, and her own store and two in Mineral Town were searching for staff to work. It should be no problem finding a job, since workers are in high demand afterall.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Ian heard Kitty mumble something about a womanizer and someone getting on her nerves. Then, he heard her talking about jobs around town en such. "Hm, interesting." Ian said. "I've been meaning to get a job for a while, but it's never happened. I'll look around to see what I can find." After a moment of silence, Ian looked from his pick to kitty, and then the other way around. "Hey, wanna teach me how to use this thing?" he asked dangling the item from his fingers. "I mean, I know how to use it, but you obviously know how to use it better."
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:30 pm

'Hey, wanna teach me how to use this thing?," Ian said to her. It was obvious he had a basic knowledge of the stuff, but she was more familiar using it since she did come to the mines quite a bit. "Umm, well," she explained, "picks are for once you know what gem is in the rock. Once you find a gem with the hammer you can use the pick to get as much unbroken gem from the rock as possible. It's important to work slowly, because gems with scratches aren't as valuable than ones with out. Little ones can be buffed out with a buffer though, which lets people that do this for a living work faster and collect more gems."

She then took her hammer out and cracked a rock to show the gem on the inside, which happened to be a topaz this time. The carefully and quickly she used the pick to clean the rock off of the gem. "Just like that," she said wipping tiny beads of sweat off her forehead.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Ian watched Kitty as she showed him the correct way to mine. 'I'm impressed." he said raising and eyebrow at her. Ian then tired to do it himself, this time using his hammer. The rock spit open almost perfectly and inside lay a sparkling ruby. "Hey, I got you one." Ian said smiling. He was slightly proud of himself for being able to do it on the first try, but his manly pride kept him from leaping up and down. Besides, he was so sure he was going to miss the rock and hit his food in stead."

Ian wiped the sweat from his forehead, but his sweat had been from the fruitless efforts and his frustration towards that stupid little song in his head. He then proceeded to scrape away all the extra rock, which was easy for him since he had an artist's steady hand. After he had carefully done that, Ian handed the stone to Kitty. "Here." he said. "You think you can buff this out for me? I could probably use it as a paper weight. I have the strangest habit of opening the window when I'm doing my work, no matter what the weather. Seriously, there could be a tornado outside and my window would still be open. On top of that, I probably wouldn't even notice it..." Ian shook his head. "My point is, the wind likes to push papers around here and there, and I really have nothing to hold them down with." For some reason, Ian felt a little strange saying this, but he brushed it off.

Ian's face then turned a light pink. "Also....I'm not really good at this kinda stuff but...I kind a need a job, well you already knew that....anyway, if you're hiring at all, I could come and work for you...?" It came out as a question, mainly because Ian's voice cracked.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:25 pm

"No problem," Kitty said, normally she'd charge for her services, but Ian was her friend and the gem wasn't that big. She listened carefully to his story, he seemed sort of flustered in the way he explained it. Maybe she'd put it in something nice to make it look more like a paper weight, give it a stand or something like that. It wouldn't be too hard to do, pluse she had plenty small scraps of copper laying around her shop that were too small for jewels or tools.

"Shure," Kitty said with a nod. She was looking for workers afterall, it'd be nice to have an extra hand at her store. He was an artist though, if he were to become an apprentice he'd have to be carefull of damaging his hands. "I'm looking for apprentices to train or store clerks," she stated. "Either sound interesting?"
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Ian smiled widely. "Whatever works for you." he said formally bowing. Ian then kick a small nearby stone and watched it as it traveled. "...A song for a steady beat, huh?" he asked repeating what she had earlier. He nodded. "Yes, I will defiantly work on that." Ian looked down at his watch. "Oh shoot!" he cried. "I gotta get back to the house! But i'll totally catch you later! Did I just say 'totally?" Ian asked wrinkling his nose. "Well, whatever. See you later, Kitten." Ian leaned over and pecked her on the cheek-the way he had been raised to dismiss himself from a lady's presence- before running out of the mine.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Kitty nodded as he repeated the song with a steady beat part of their conversation. The next thing she knew he looked down at his watch and started to panick with the fact he had to leave. He lightly pecked her on the cheek--this was the second time he had done that. "Bye," she said trying to keep her cool, but part of her couldn't help but feel embarrased. After he was out of sight she put her hand up to her cheek where it was kissed and rubbed it. Part of her didn't know what exactly to think of it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)   Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dina, won't you blow your horn?(Kitty and Ian)
Page 1 of 1