Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards : The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] Esaward

The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] Empty
PostSubject: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Graham had somehow wandered from Mineral Town, where all of his belongings had been dumped in his small farmhouse, into this strange new place. He had heard around town that there were four towns within walking or boating distance from each other. But no cars, obviously. He was used to that, though. His family never had a car. He rode the bus to school in the mornings.

He shook his head, trying to expel the memories. He had been born and raised on farmland. It felt good to return.

"I wonder if there are any farms around here...?" he murmured to himself, looking around. He was sitting on a small bench, but decided to stand up to go investigate.
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards : The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] Afsangelaward-4

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Kazu clacked a stick agenst any objects that happend to pass her by. She was humming a soft tune to herself and her light brown hair bounced up and down to the tune. Kazumi's hazel eye traveled around the town she loved so much. Eventually though, her eyes landed on one unfamiliar thing--a man with dark hair and baggy clothing. Oh! A new Target! She thought happily.
"Excuse me." Kauzmi asked running up to the man. "Are you new here? I don't believed I've seen you around here before." Kazumi searched the man's face, it seemed rather sober. "I'm Kazumi Martin, I own a farm here."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Graham looked up, brushing the hair out of his eyes distractedly with the back of his hand. He met eyes with the girl and did an instant double-take. She looked familiar.

No. Nobody I know would be out here in the boondocks. The world's not that small.

He hesitated. "Yes," he answered after a minute, keeping his voice low for reasons that were tucked away into the back of his mind, along with his memories. "I'm new." He didn't offer any more information than that, not even to say that he didn't live in this particular town. He looked away. "A farm, you say?"

Last edited by Eternal Silence on Thu May 27, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Kazu smiled and nodded. "Yup." Her finger pointed in another direction. "It's just right up the hill there, none too far away, I suppose." Kazu placed a few stands of wavey hair behind her left ear. "Melody Ranch." she confirmed. Kazumi had not gotten the stranger's name yet, and he didn't look ready to tell her, so she wouldn't press him. "Ummm, I know it's kind of sudden, but would you like me to show you around town? It's not a very large place...but it is beautiful"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Graham shrugged. "I should probably be going," he said, stalling for time. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins for whatever reason, and he felt like bolting. But he wasn't a scared rabbit and he didn't intend to act like one. He looked up at the sky. The sun was falling, fast. "How long does it take to get to Mineral Town from here?" he half asked, half muttered to himself. Probably too long. The last thing he needed was to wander around in a strange town in the dark.

He sighed. "All right," he consented finally. "If you agree to show me to a place where I can stay for the night, too." He would find his way back home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Kazu gave one her of dazzleing smiles and nodded. "Ok!" she said happily. Kazu twirled on her heels and headed in the oposite direction. "The Inn is this way." she said nodding towrds the direction of the Inn. "It's a quaint little place, nice and quiet." A cool breeze blew through the air, Kazu shivered. Fall is approching fast. she thought.

There was a silence between the man and Kazu as they walked. 'Mineral Town is not to far from here." Kazu said breaking the silence. "I go there a lot, actually. My father lives there.....i'm going to visit him pretty soon."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Graham nodded slowly. He considered the adverse effects of opening his mouth to speak, and decided that it couldn't be too bad. He wasn't mute, after all. "Oh. Your dad." Not a terrible start; he'd had worse. "Which one is your father? I don't know names yet. But I've seen a couple of faces." There was the family at the general store, the mom, the dad, and the baby, all with black hair, and a brunette girl with a sword, and a bevy of other characters that he was sure had stories that could take eons to tell.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:17 am

Kazu was silent for a moment. "My....my father died." she said. Kazu turned and back offered the man a smile to show there was no hard feelings. "He died when I was eight....so it's been a few years. It made me sad, but I'm also happy, becuase I know that he's with my mother now as well." Kazu took in a deep breath of the cooling summer air. "Besides, he didn't leave me completley alone. I have great friends who love me to death and are always on the lookout for me. Besdies, I know my father wouldn't like it if I became cold and bitter over loosing him....after motehr died,he told me 'If we dwell on the past, we can never look to the future."

Kazu stoped in her tracts and her face turned bright red. "Oh dear, i'm sorry!" she apologized. "I didn't mean to bore you or anything, i mean, I hope i wasn't crossing the line or anything! I've very sorry sir! I promise I'll be quiet the rest of the way to the inn!"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:25 am

Graham fell silent. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, shut his mouth, and focused his gaze on the horizon. "...Sorry," he mumbled, truly apologetic for asking in the first place. Idiot. But, in all honesty, it wasn't entirely his fault. The girl didn't have to answer the question in the first place. That's why the word "no" was in existence; not just to look pretty on paper.

"'S'okay," he said under his breath, nodding quickly. He was suddenly eager to crash in a bed and sleep for a long while - after sitting on a balcony for a while with his ashtray. "Don't worry about it."
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:34 am

Kazu noticed the man's uneasiness and smiled. "Hey." she said taking one of his hands. "I told you, it's alright, ok? Sorry to bring it up anyway. It's a dull topic, and it's such a lovely evening. I would suggest going to the beach before turning in for the night. The breeze there is always juuuust right." Kazu let go of the man's hand and pointed towards a large building on the horizon. "That's it there." Kazumi said pointing. "I'll see you around sometime, kay?" she asked. "Oh, and, what's your name? That is, if you don't mind me asking."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin
Eternal Silence

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Graham froze a little when the girl grabbed his hand. He furrowed his brow. She let go after a moment, after telling him that it was fine to be an inconsiderate jerk (which he didn't have all that much control over, after all), and then she pointed at the inn.

Relieved, he nodded. "Thanks," he said, starting to walk away in that direction. He turned around after a few steps and, meeting Kazumi's eyes for a mere moment, said, "Graham." And then he pivoted again and started to walk once more.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member
afsangel

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Kazu laughed and waved. "Nice to meet you, Graham! I hope we get to meet again, soon!" Kazumi twirled around and headed in the direction of her home, humming a light tune to herself as she did before. Only this time, it was more livelier. Meeting new people had always made Kazumi's day, whether they were happy to meet her or not. Mineral Town, eh? she thought. Perhaps I will see you around sometime. the thought made Kazumi smile. He was certainly and interesting young man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]   The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi] Empty

Back to top Go down

The competition. [Reserved -Graham and Kazumi]
Page 1 of 1