Harvest Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

With her nose in a book... (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skully
skully

Female Number of posts : 11
Roleplay Name : Naomi

With her nose in a book... (Open) Empty
PostSubject: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 am

Naomi's outfit!
Spoiler:

Naomi was trudging along, her bag with a little food and money and a lot of clothes, and even more books slung over her shoulder. She hardly noticed any of the pretty sights on her little journey from home, because her nose was in a book the whole time. She was reading one of those really girly Manga's, Tokyo Mew Mew... But that of course was not the point. She stopped when she ran into something. A Sign. There was a fork in the road, and one arrow pointed to somewhere called... Forget-Me-Not Valley. Naomi blinked, a town. That meant a place to stay... A library... Food... A possible job... A library. So ignoring the other arrow, she once again looked back at her book and continued down the path.

At about 8:00 A.M. she arrived in the town. Naomi glanced around. She saw lots of shops, all opening up about this time... But she didn't want to go shopping. She had a list of what she needed... 1.A place to stay. 2.Food and drink. 3.A job. and 4.A library! She needed a library for survival! Her whole life revolved around reading... Though that sadly was not priority one. That was find a place to stay. So she continued into the little valley.

Eventually she reached the center of the town. Still nothing of real interest to her... So she walked around for a while, before finding a small bench, with a flower pot on each side. Naomi loved flowers, so this would be a good place to read. She sat down, smoothed out the ripples in her dress, and pulled out a new book. This time, a novel. It was titled Shiver. A book Naomi had memorized... But she still loved to read it. Oh... If only my life was a book... she thought. Then maybe I wouldn't be so cowardly and shy.. She sighed, and closed the book.

It felt very strange that her parents weren't around. After all, she had only moved out a few weeks ago... And she had finally reached a for real town! But it felt strange nonetheless. Naomi suddenly felt a pang of loneliness... She sighed. Why had she not been so home sick before? Because she was reading! Of course... She opened the book once again, and forced her self to read... Eventually the lonely feeling faded away, as she was sucked into the world of the book. Though, secretly she wished some one was around to talk to....

(IS OPEN! Any one can come RP, sorry if I did a crappy job at the opening post...)
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards : With her nose in a book... (Open) Badge

PostSubject: Re: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 am

It was Cody's day off today from his usual job at the music store. Usually he got done with his morning job around 7 o'clock and then he showered then went to work, but today he only showered. His job was good enough to handle his rent at the inn, but lately he had been thinking up picking up another job. So he wandered around town for a bit pondering if there was somewhere else he could pick up partime work. Besides the music store he knew that there was the library and the café-hospital hybird thing. Honestly he never heard much about the library though, the only thing he knew about it was that it's name started with a 'b.' And he had been living here for two seasons already.

Cody wasn't sure whether he should be dissapointed with himself or not. On his morning jogs he passed the library sometimes, so he'd think that it would stick in his mind. He wasn't much of a book person though--now traing was just for him. He had a slim figure, but with muscles. Under his shirt was a six pack that he took a hidden enjoyment too. Years of hard work gave him the body he had--and Cody planned on keeping it. Besides, he could be called back to the army at a moment's notice. It wasn't a matter of if, but a matter of when.

Eventually, the soldier found himself at the center of town. To his surprise he wasn't the only one there. This town was so small that it was a rarity to see people when he took a walk or job. The girl had short purple hair--an unusal color to him. Had the girl dyed it that way or was it natural? She seemed about his age and was focused on a novel in her hands, eagerly flipping the page for the next part of the story. Having not met the girl yet, Cody took it upon himself to greet her.

"Hello," he said putting on a friendly smile to the stranger.

[OMG! YOU DID A WONDERFUL OPENING POST! YOU HAVE TO RP WITH ME A LOT. 8D]
Back to top Go down
skully
skully

PostSubject: Re: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 am

Naomi was mouthing the words of the first sentence her book, so familiar... I remember lying in the snow, a small red spot of warm going cold, surrounded by wolves... But suddenly she was interrupted, by a small 'hello'. She jumped at the sound, dropping her book in the dust. She turned her head to face the sound, and spotted Cody. She blinked, though no one would have been able to tell considering her long bangs were all ways in her eyes... "Oh, h-hello..." she said nervously, her voice almost a whisper. She couldn't help it, she was all ways nervous. Even around her parents, and the few friends she had known for years.

She leaned down and picked the book back off the ground, and brushed it with her hand
twice before setting it down in her lap. She turned back to Cody, and examined him further. He looked about her age, maybe a bit younger... She didn't see any thing rather unusual about him. Brown hair, green eyes... He looked athletic, and kinda buff. Not that any thing like that was important to her. She was a tiny bit relieved she had some one to talk to... But her shyness had already kicked in... Naomi decided to speak up again. "M-my name is Naomi, I'm new to this town... I hope I'm not being an inconvenience..." she said, in the same whispery tone.

While she waited for his response, she nervously shuffled her legs, tapped her fingers against one another, and bit on her lip. She did this a lot. At least ten times a day. She picked this habit up from her grandmother... She also tipped her head, just enough for her bangs to split a bit and you could see her right eye. Bright and a deep purple-blue. One of the best things about her, is that she had energetic and courageous eyes, while she acted shy and nervous all the time...

(If you say so... XD Any how! Your awesome at role play! I read some of ur other posts too, very pwnsum...)
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 am

The girl flinched when she heard Cody, making him realize how into the book she was. It must have been an increadible story. An increadible story that he happened to cause the girl to send it slamming into the dirt, sending up a small dirt cloud as it hit. Thankfully it hadn't rain recently, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to dust off the dirt and set the book carefully back in her lap. If he was to cause any damage to the book he would have replaced it, that is if he could find it.

Cody almost didn't hear the girl say 'hello.' She spoke quietly and nervously and seemed to avoid eye contact. Just another person in the world that wasn't good at communicating with strangers, and he understood this. His younger brother was practically the same. Whenever Andy had met someone new, he would hide behind him or mom--never father. Their father had frowned on that kind of behavior. Once Andy got used to someone he would show everyone his true personality though. A nice creative guy, with so many brilliant ideas.

"I'm Cody," smiling genuinly Cody said looking down at Naomi. Her purple hair was certainly unusual, but he had seen his share of interesting hair colors. He could only see one of her eyes that was revealed by a split in her bangs. Like her hair it was an unusal color, a deep blueish-purple he thought. He was sort of jealous. All he had was plain brown hair and green eyes that where hidden behind his glasses today (his contacts were bothering him).

"I haven't been here long myself," he admitted noting that the girl was biting her lip. It wasn't the best habit for anyone to have, but he'd ignore it for now. Pointing it out or giving it any un-needed attention would just make Naomi even more nervous. He understood that that wasn't exactly a good thing. "Only two seasons, working on the third," he admitted shuffling his slender fingers through his slightly messy brown hair.

[Sorry for the wait, I blame distractions in my life. You're great at roleplaying too. I'm looking forward to your next post.]
Back to top Go down
skully
skully

PostSubject: Re: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Naomi waited patiently as Cody introduced himself. She was surprised he hadn't been here long, to her Cody looked like he knew the place like he knew the back of his hand. But maybe it just seemed that way to her. She didn't know her hometown had a convenience store until she was elevan... She decided she better speak up again. (Even in a conversation with only one other person, she had a hard time deciding when it was her turn to speak up.) "Well... At least you've been here longer then me. I-I only got here a bit before you came up..." she muttered, trying to make her self a bit louder so Cody could hear her, but it was still a difficult task to make out what she was saying.

Before adding anything, Naomi picked her bag up, and took the book and put it back in. She was very, very careful with the book, like handling a wounded dove... She set her bag back on the ground. She suddenly remembered her little list. "Oh! Um... W-would you happen to know where an Inn is? I'm... K-kinda looking for a place to st-stay..." she stuttered quickly, a bit louder than before, though still pretty quiet.

(Meh... Really short post, but oh wells... I kinda took a while to post too. Computer got a bad virus... Pokemon Black and White came out in English... Ect... So, sorry!)
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin
Kritten

PostSubject: Re: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 am

Naomi seemed to take in every word Cody said carefully, exaiming it. Well, that is how it seemed to him. Never being the smartest person (he was just average), he was not certain that whatever he thought was exactly correct. Unless if it had to deal with getting in shape. He was an expert on that kind of thing from years of military training.

One thing was certain, Naomi seemed to be a mix of two of his friends Cody had. She had voilet hair much like Mazie, but a tad shorter. Nervously and cautiously she spoke much like Celeste. Both were nice people and Cody had a hunch that Naomi was probably that way too. Then again, most people around here were. Some may not look like it--but they all are very nice. Maybe it was because most of them weren't from around here? Most of the people he knew, besides the inn owner, moved here. He found that odd because from his studies in school most people were trying to get out of the country.

"I live at the inn," Cody exlaimed his eyes getting bright and full with excitment. He then realized that he might have over did it, thus frieghtening the girl, so he coughed--trying to cover up his previous action. If that was possible. A blunder that big would never dissapear easily. It would take time for it to be forgoten. Right now time wasn't on his side. "I, ahem, happen to live at the inn. Nice place and pretty cheap."

"I take it you're lost or something," he noted trying not to embarrass Naomi. Cody was never that kind of guy to do something intentional like that. Something bothered him about this situation though. He found it weird that Naomi sat down and started reading if she was looking for the inn. Wouldn't it have been easier for her just to ask for help? Perhaps starting conversations wasn't her kind of thing. Instead of making a fuss about of it he just smiled sincerely. "I can show you the way if you'd like."

[That's okay. I know what it is like to have pc problems and get distracted. Smile]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With her nose in a book... (Open)   With her nose in a book... (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

With her nose in a book... (Open)
Page 1 of 1